Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Virus Help - Can't Access my Desk Top

My wife messed up my laptop computer by saying yes or OK to some ad which indicated the harddrive on our laptop was not working properly. Now we have a virus on the laptop which just loops me around looking for a payment to buy this bogus software program which supposedly fixes the hardrive. How can I get around this to my desktop so I can attempt to remove the virus? If this isn't possible, then what is the workaround or solution to my problem? Does anyone know what this scareware virus is called?

Reply 1 : Virus Help - Can't Access my Desk Top

Here's a list of free ones -> http://antivirus.about.com/od/freeantivirussoftware/tp/avrescuecd.htm

Reply 2 : Virus Help - Can't Access my Desk Top

As such, there is a particular desktop malware known as "ThinkPoint" which can be removed using the instructions in the link below. Maybe it will help:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-thinkpoint

The initial stage of accessing the desktop involves, opening Task Manager using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, then "end task" on the offending program.

Hope this helps.

Grif

No comments:

Post a Comment