Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

Hi..

i'm almost done with my paint job..

my first one! and i got lots of problem.

I have a little problem right now and would like your help if you don't mind ^_^

I've already applied clear coat and the surface is not very slippery.. it is smooth but a bit like sticky feeling.. is there any thing you apply on it to make it nicer?





I'll start assembling it all tomorrow

because according to a friend i need to add thermal paste before as it dried while being left out.



My color scheme is White/Red/Black

the manta ray is a copy of a tattoo found on the net.. my friend redrew it on a lot of masking tape pasted on the cover and then she cut it too! The purpose of the design was to hide the little red that got spread on the white :P



I'll post more pics as soon as possible ^_^

here are 2 for the moment..

the lines are a bit weird but they were a bit corrected after with wet sanding! Those pics are around middle stage. They were wet sanded.. corrected with spray paint again and clear coated

i know it's not a good job but i tried ^_^ for me it's ok

Reply 1 : My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

Looks great to me. I miss my GX600 Keep us updated.

Reply 2 : My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

Thank you Means a lot to me ^_^



here are 2 more pics till tomorrow. I took some pics during the making of. will try to upload them once the laptop is assembled. Btw, it's not the extreme edition of gx-600.. it is the plain boring metallic black one..

Reply 3 : My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

looks great!!! can't wait to see more pics!!! +rep for a great job.



well done!!!



fattail95

Reply 4 : My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

here are some more

Thank you. Im satisfied with the finish.

+ i uploaded some on fb for a friend



any one can access this page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...0&id=563900620

Reply 5 : My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

wow nice pictures, it fits with ur icemat haha i like that design, well done!

Reply 6 : My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

Oh yea i just love icemat ^_^



Btw, if anyone is new to paintjob like me.. try avoiding white as a major color .. it's so painful to work with! any little mess is soooo noticeable! i had to restart twice .. took me 6 days to finish that.



Steps i did

- disassemble laptop

- masking

- sanding (didn't know u had to wet the sanding paper...got veryyyy tired)

- 2 thin layers of primer

- 4 thin layers of paint

- i painted the red details first..

- then all the white

- 1 thin layer of black for the arts

- i got to know the real meaning of wet sanding.. if i hadn't known that.. i would not have finished.. restarted over and over..

- 5-6 layers of clear coat till i like the gloss effect.

- removing masking tapes... cleaning the little mess of paint on some masked parts

- assembly



Lessons i learnt: wet sanding is VERYYYY EASY compared to not wet!

- White is hard to work with

- Masking tapes are annoying

- Primer should be done on a scuffed surfaced imo.. i didn't scuff the first time.. just wet sanded and the paint was different..

- It's not so hard to do.. even if does not comes out perfect.



I hope i could help others. I had some guidance from stuff79 and from many threads of this forum. Thanks a lot everyone

Reply 7 : My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

Nice job man! It's VERY nice for a first paintjob.

Reply 8 : My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

Great job dude(t)

Looks awesome!!!



+rep for having guts to go through with it

Reply 9 : My new MSI GX-600 Paintjob

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment