Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How to set up a new TV and blue ray player with old Onyko

I have an old (old!) Onyko receiver DS-TX656. I just purchased a new Samsung 3D TV and Blue Ray player. Yes I should go out and buy a new receiver but right now I'm totally confused about how to set this system up. I have Bose speakers attached to the Onyko for surround sound.
Can someone give me some detailed instructions on how to get this configured?
Thank you!
Paula

Reply 1 : How to set up a new TV and blue ray player with old Onyko

To me, the most important connection you need to make is from the BR player to the receiver so you can get surround. Does your Onkyo have an Optical Audio-In connection? It should unless your receiver is more than 8 years old. So:

1) Connect the HDMI from your BR player to your TV. This will give you 1080p picture and it will send audio to your TV speakers.
2) Connect the Optical Audio-Out from your BR player to the Optical Audio-In on your receiver. This will allow you to get full surround audio from your discs.

None of the above should affect how you have your Bose speakers connected.

Reply 2 : How to set up a new TV and blue ray player with old Onyko

You may need to tell the blu-ray player to send audio and video to different locations but you should be able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment