Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

Hi everyone.
Here's my problem, for no apparent reason my hard drives are not listed under the disk management utility(cd drives appear). They appear on "my computer" correctly, they show up in "Device Manager"(and I have no yellow question marks).
In addition in "disk defragmenter" they appear but I'm unable to even run the analyse command(using other software I'm able to defragment them).
I've tried EaseusParttion Manager, but the drives don't appear as well.

I'm not able to use USB drives as well(I assume it is related), they appear in the right side of the task bar and they appear in "device manager" but not in "my computer" nor "Disk Management"...

I've googled this over and over again but with no results.
I'm using windows XP with SP3.

Thanks in advance

Reply 1 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

i am having the same problem just like u do. if anyone can help me out to solve this, that would be great.

Reply 2 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

If you haven't tried reformatting and then make a new OS setup, I suggest you should or try to review your bios setting.

Reply 3 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

i think its kind of malware or something.. i downloaded this program called trojan remover. it removed all the crap and now everything seems to be working.. i see all my drive letters now.. in my computer(this was shown before too) and disk management.. even usb mass storage drives are working fine too..

Reply 4 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

m/ Thanks man. It was driving me crazy(I had this problem for more than 3 weeks). I had tried HijackThis, AVG, AVIRA, SPYWARE DOCTOR, MBAM...and some of them detected stuff cleaned it but the problem persisted. I looked into the Hardware controllers, BIOS, etc...

I installed trojan remover and after a scan and a chkdsk it is solved.(less than 10 min)
Thank you very much.

Reply 5 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

Glad to hear that everything is working fine.. i had this problem for 1 day i was searching the net all day long i couldn't any solution.. then i thought it could be a virus.. so i came across that program.. it works really nice. alrite man easy..

Reply 6 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

youtalkintome still wants to make love to you though, devil

Good work on solving the problem.

Mark

Reply 7 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

In the forum sticky titled "WELCOME to the Windows XP Forum. Please read this message:" the hyperlink in Step #2 needs some help.

Bill Gaston
Austin, TX

Reply 8 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

I have trend office scan enterprise edition on my system and also tried their sysclean and hijack this apps, all to no avail. I ran the trojan remover and now all is well. Simply amazing that this little $24 program can accomplish what the expensive trend pack cannot. Thanks for your post...

Reply 9 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

Had this same problem. C drive would not show in Disk management, would not allow disk check/defrag, although it appeared find in Explorer and Windows seemed to work ok otherwise.
Downloaded Trojan Remover and it recovered it, detecting a trojan listed as H8SRTcbfolwbrsb.sys in the system32drivers directory, and a rootkit registry entry associated with this.
My thanks to this thread for help.

Reply 10 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

Had the same problem with Vista SP2. running Trend and found several Trojans (Troj.Gen.usehj21, troj.bubnix.r, and troj.hilot.smeo. Trend killed all of these but I still could not get a backup to run. Found a rootkit by installing Kapersky's TDDS Killer which fixed the problem. I do not know if the rootkit was part of the troj series of junk - I would think it was.

Reply 11 : Hard drive doesn't appear in "Disk management"

I did the trojan remover first and didnt work but the Kapersky's TDDS Killer did the trick, This was allot of help... Thx

No comments:

Post a Comment